Gas Turbine Power Plant Oils
There is a full range of specially formulated, high performance Mobil™-branded industrial lubricants suitable for the lubrication of gas turbines and all your critical equipment needs in the power plant. From premium turbine lubricants designed to offer excellent deposit control for uninterrupted operation, to synthetic
Mobil SHC™ lubricants and greases engineered to perform in demanding environments including high temperature and water contamination, Mobil-branded industrial lubricants can help power productivity and potentially reduce costs.
Gas turbine manufacturers
Mobil-branded industrial lubricants are suitable for a wide range of gas turbine manufacturers. These include, Siemens, GE and Alstom.
Typical Approvals for Gas Turbine Oils
For natural gas engine oils:
- Siemens TLV 9013 04
- Alstom HTGD 90117
- Solar ES9-224 Class 1
- GE GEK 32568G
- GE GEK 101941A
- GE GEK 28143B
Mobil Oils suitable for gas turbines
- Mobil SHC™ 800 turbine oil
- Mobil DTE™ 800 turbine oil
- Mobil DTE™ 700 turbine oil
- Mobil DTE™ 932 GT for varnish control particularly in GE turbines
For the latest product specifications and approvals, please visit the Product Data Sheet library.
Explore inside a gas and steam turbine power plant (link is external) on the Mobil Industrial lubricants website.
How can I save money and increase productivity using Mobil SHC™ lubricants?
When conditions are severe, such as extremely high and low temperatures, heavy loads, and high or low speeds, Mobil SHC lubricants offer distinct advantages. They help to extend the service life of machinery and reduce oil changes, as well as potentially reducing equipment failure and unscheduled shutdowns.
- Extended oil life – Mobil SHC oils can last up to six times longer than mineral oils by offering excellent high temperature stability and oxidation resistance. This helps extend oil-drain intervals, reduce oil disposal costs and keep production going
- Extended equipment life – Mobil SHC protects your capital investment against rust, corrosion and wear. Stability in extreme temperature conditions helps extend equipment life
- More productivity, more profitability – Using Mobil SHC goes beyond lubrication. It goes right to your bottom line by potentially lowering the cost of operations, increasing efficiency and putting profitability on an upward path
Which Mobil SHC oil should I buy for my equipment?
It is important to use the right Mobil oil and grease in your application during routine and maintenance servicing. You can obtain an on-line recommendation by using the Looble℠ industrial lubricant selector tool and searching by specific industry, equipment and application conditions.