Gas Engine Oils
There is a full range of advanced, specially formulated, high performance Mobil™-branded industrial lubricants suitable for use in a variety of engine technologies, including oils for landfill gas and for the latest stationary natural gas engines. For over 40 years, the design goals of Mobil Pegasus™ Series has been to deliver leading-edge technology resulting in optimum engine life and lower maintenance costs to help boost productivity.
Gas Engine Equipment Manufacturers
Mobil-branded industrial lubricants are suitable for a wide variety of gas engine manufacturers. These includeGE Jenbacher, Waukesha and Wartsila.
Mobil™ Oils suitable for Gas Engines
For natural gas engine oils:
- Fully synthetic Mobil SHC Pegasus™
- Mineral oil alternatives include Mobil Pegasus™ 1005 and Mobil Pegasus™ 805
For landfill gas engines oils:
- Mobil Pegasus™ 605
- Mobil Pegasus™ SR
For the latest product specifications and approvals, please visit the Product Data Sheet library.
Explore inside a gas power plant (link is external) on the Mobil Industrial lubricants website.
How can I save money and increase productivity using Mobil SHC™ lubricants?
When conditions are severe, such as extremely high and low temperatures, heavy loads, and high or low speeds, Mobil SHC lubricants offer distinct advantages. They help to extend the service life of machinery and reduce oil changes, as well as potentially reducing equipment failure and unscheduled shutdowns.
- Extended oil life – Mobil SHC oils can last up to six times longer than mineral oils by offering excellent high temperature stability and oxidation resistance. This helps extend oil-drain intervals, reduce oil disposal costs and keep production going
- Extended equipment life – Mobil SHC protects your capital investment against rust, corrosion and wear. Stability in extreme temperature conditions helps extend equipment life
- More productivity, more profitability – Using Mobil SHC goes beyond lubrication. It goes right to your bottom line by potentially lowering the cost of operations, increasing efficiency and putting profitability on an upward path
Which Mobil SHC oil should I buy for my equipment?
It is important to use the right Mobil oil and grease in your application during routine and maintenance servicing. You can obtain an on-line recommendation by using the Looble℠ industrial lubricant selector tool and searching by specific industry, equipment and application conditions.